Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

25 DAYS TO GO!!!

Benedicite my friends! Today seems to be a very amazing and special day. No doubt Our Lady, whose Feast of the Annunciation was yesterday, has had her hand on Litany Run this week! Thanks be to God I was able to make quite a substantial payment on my student loans this week, and am officially down to a total of $45,975.93 left to go! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
 
The number of views on this blog also just passed 2,000 this morning. Thank you for sharing LitanyRun.com and leading your friends, family, and community to read more about my journey on this blog. I seriously can’t express how much your support through prayers and sharing my story have helped me.
 
This weekend the meter at gofundme.com/litanyrun passed 15% through a generous gift from someone from my home diocese, what a blessing! I think through your prayers, support, and the intercession of Our Lady and the saints, Litany Run might be able to pass the $10,000 mark by the end of the week. If you know anyone who could possibly help me achieve that, please tell them that I’d like to inviteeveryone who sponsors me between today and Friday to send in an extra prayerrequest, and I’d love to add them to an additional mile of my run!
 
Other awesome things since my last post:
 
1.)    Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati’s 112th birthday was this Saturday. He is the patron future-saint of Litany Run, and my friends and I celebrated by renewing our baptismal vows, as was suggested by www.frassatiusa.org.
2.)    Divine Mercy Sunday – I ran with the Divine Mercy Chaplet this morning… 18 miles around town! Then cantored at my home parish before joining a great friend for a Rosary walk and Traditional Latin Mass at St. Anthony of Padua in Fresno. A beautiful homily given by Fr. Baca!
3.)    Feast of the Annunciation of the Lord – I attended mass and then adoration at Our Lady of Perpetual Help church in Clovis – where I renewed my consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Then recorded an interview for Immaculate Heart Radio which will air in San Francisco and Reno this coming weekend!  Dinner with my amazing friends who also renewed their consecration to Our Lady yesterday =). Also it was my boss (the diocesan vocations director)’s birthday!  
4.)    Today we celebrated Bishop Ochoa’s 70th birthday at work, AND Fr. Dan was given a belated birthday cake too J. Much chocolate.
 
 
Sunday’s run was my longest distance ever. I didn’t do a long run last week because of Easter, so it this week was a bit more challenging. But was encouraged by the incredible amount of love and support I’ve received over the last few weeks, and dedicated much of this run especially in petition for all of the graces forwhich people forget to ask. This was an incredible aid, especially in the last three miles when I had been feeling irritation in places where I taped my feet for several miles, and was quite ready to be finished. I spending my first 16 miles on the big loop around town, I ran the last two in the park and asked Litany Run’s patron saints let me feel their presence as much as possible during those final loops. I thought about all of the people who have never heard of Jesus and have never experienced His Divine Mercy, and I prayed for awareness that on race day I will be running another eight miles on top of what I did this week. I’m looking forward to it.
 
I woke with a prayer of thanksgiving this morning – my heart ready to take on an easy five miles. Unfortunately my feet were not in agreement. I’ve been pretty good about preventing blisters as much as possible, and draining/treating carefully the ones that pop up anyway, so far. But this morning one of them was not looking very pretty. Determined to get the miles in despite my clearly poorly conditioned soles, I laced up. It only took about two steps before I acknowledged that it wasn’t going to happen. Much as I wanted to go on my rosary run today, I need to keep in mind that I’m gearing up for 20mi this coming Sunday, before tapering off for the last couple of weekend before the race. I need to do what I can to make sure I’m ready to serve the Lord as best I can on what will be the longest distance I run before May 5th. So I unlaced and got in some plyometric/calisthenic work instead. I was a tiny bit discouraged, but knew I was making the smarter decision by not running today. Please pray that I’ll be ready to get back on the road by Wednesday!
 
We’re now only 25 days out from The OC Marathon! I’ve added a countdown clock to the homepage of LitanyRun.com, as well as an easy “Donate” button which takes you to my personal Paypal account… for anyone you know who would be more likely to help me out without having to go through any extra steps. All the gifts that I get through that account will be added to my GoFundMe page manually. Thank you for your amazing support, my friends. Please continue to share Litany Run with as many people as you can!
 
May God bless you abundantly during this continuing season of Easter. I am praying that you will become saints!
 
 
AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment