Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

99-Day Novena




99-Day Novena
through the intercession of

• Our Lady of Fatima, for All Good Things to Happen
• St. Benedict of Nursia, for Humility and in Difficult Times
• Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati, to be a Christian of the Beatitudes
• Sts. Norbert & Evermode, for Bold Obedience & Leadership


Most Holy Virgin, who has deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three little shepherds the treasures of graces hidden in the recitation of the Rosary, inspire our hearts with a sincere love of this devotion, so that by meditating on the mysteries of our redemption that are recalled in it, we may gather the fruits and obtain the conversion of sinners, the conversion of Russia, and this favor that I so earnestly seek.... (State your request here...)  which I ask of you in this novena, for the greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of all people. 

Glorious Saint Benedict, sublime model of virtue, pure vessel of God's grace! Behold me humbly kneeling at your feet. I implore you in your loving kindness to pray for me before the throne of God. To you I have recourse in the dangers that daily surround me. Shield me against my selfishness and my indifference to God and to my neighbor. Inspire me to imitate you in all things. May your blessing be with me always, so that I may see and serve Christ in others and work for His kingdom. Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces which I need so much in the trials, miseries and afflictions of life. Your heart was always full of love, compassion and mercy toward those who were afflicted or troubled in any way. You never dismissed without consolation and assistance anyone who had recourse to you. I therefore invoke your powerful intercession, confident in the hope that you will hear my prayers  and obtain for me the special grace and favor I earnestly implore.  Help me, great Saint Benedict, to live and die as a faithful child of God, to run in the sweetness of His loving will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven. 

Father, You gave to the young Pier Giorgio Frassati the joy of meeting Christ and of living his faith in service of the poor and the sick. Through his intercession, may we, too, walk the path of the Beatitudes and follow the example of his generosity, spreading the spirit of the Gospel in society.

Awake O Lord, in Thy Church the Spirit by Whom Sts. Norbert & Evermode, Thy Confessors and Bishops, were guided in order that, filled with the same Spirit, we may love what they loved, and live as they taught us. We ask all these things through Christ, Our Lord. 

Amen.


Now in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and her Most Chaste Spouse St. Joseph, pray an Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be

Or a full Rosary if time permits it…

No comments:

Post a Comment