Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Final Match, and then some

Ave Maria!

Somebody named Skyler drew this. Thank you Skyler! :)
The final amount donated between July 16th - 31st was $7,435... and that means that over the course of two weeks you helped support me with a total of $14,870.00 ...
A. MA. ZING. !! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far this year, especially those who have supported me through prayer and through sharing my story, whether or not you have been able to help me financially. I cannot express how grateful I am for your kindness, my friends. I am truly blessed by you and by God.  I am taking each of your prayer requests to Him as they come in, and with me every time I go running. They will be going with me when I enter the monastery, so that I can continue praying for you for the rest of my life! ... But my fundraising effort is not over yet!

I now have 10 days left to go before the Water to Wine Half marathon - where I will be praying for all of you and giving thanks to God for the abundant graces He has sent me! This time around will be a little different - I will be praying full rosaries and Divine Mercy Chaplets throughout the race - in 5 different languages :). Each rosary and chaplet will have a different intention, and some individual decades may even have their own specific intentions. But be assured that I will be praying for each and every one of you during the race - as well as during the mini-pilgrimage / retreat I will be making out of the weekend.

The amount left to raise is just under $18k (slightly more than the numbers reflect on gofundme.com/litanyrun... due to site fees and loan interest...), and I will be informing Mother Mary Augustine of the status of my debt on August 15th - the day we celebrate the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Friends, you helped me raise almost $15k in just two weeks... I fully trust in the Lord that He will move the perfect number of hearts to support me with the perfect amount of finances to enter my community in His perfect time. I know many of you have given more than once and I can't thank you enough... so now I am asking that you please share share share with everyone you know. Even if you encounter a person of faith who you know can't help me with money... please share my story with them and ask them to pray for me. And to pray with me, for we are all members working in prayer together, as one Body of Christ!

If you have been following the 99-Day Novena Relay you know that yesterday we capped off the 9-days of prayer through the intercession of St. Jude & St. Rita. The patron saints of lost causes and desperate situations! I mean... is it any wonder why you were moved to be so generous during these last 9 days? I think not! Today we handed off to those who are praying through the intercession of St. Therese of Lisieux. The little flower! Patroness of my home diocese :). All around good gal. This is Leg 9 of the Relay! Wow after this we will have prayed NINE novenas in a row for religious vocations and all of our personal intentions. There must be some special indulgence for that or something. :D kidding! Only two more Legs to go after this!

Also a couple of you have noticed that I have stopped posting the daily reflections/meditations that correspond to St. Louis de Montfort's Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary... which I said I would be posting until the 15th. I stopped for various reasons - but the main (albeit selfish) one is that I just don't think I can commit the time to posting every single night for the next 15 days! Haha. God is keeping me occupied with His work elsewhere. But hopefully you have had a sufficient taste of one element of the consecration - and will now go off to find out more about it on your own. Hurry up! The next start date is August 6th remember?? Don't be afraid to allow Our Lady to penetrate into your life in a magnificent way. And don't be afraid of loving her too much like lots of people in the world say we catholics do... you can never love her more than Jesus loves her!

God bless you my friends. Pray for me please.



No comments:

Post a Comment