Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Deo Gratias


HABEMUS PAPAM! Ave Maria! Let us now offer our purest and most thankful prayers for our new Pope Francis! May his reign be long, fruitful, humble and holy! Who ever imagined a Jesuit named Francis? This is just so amazingly beautiful. I feel a great love for him and allegiance to him already. More reflection on that to come. Wow what a crazy 24 hours it’s been! All glory and honor and praise to the Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever.



Yesterday the Catholic News Agency / National Catholic Register / EWTN ran this story about me, my vocation and Litany Run. What an amazing blessing. In one day the financial gifts I’ve received on gofundme.com/litanyrun have jumped from $235 to over $2000. Thank you so much, my friends!

I am in the process of adding all of the prayer request I’ve received up until about 9am this morning to THE LITANY page on www.litanyrun.com... but the support is coming in too quickly for me to keep up! I’m assigning your prayer requests to specific miles… so hop over to that page soon and “Ctrl F” search for your initials… if you don’t want to scroll through the whole thing. You’ll be able to see the exact mile during which I’ll be praying for you!

How do I keep coming across these hilarious photos of Dominicans?
It has suddenly turned to a beautiful spring here in sunny central California. My normal routine on training days has been to run just after sunrise and wait until noon to hit daily mass (I attend 7am mass on days when I don’t run). But I woke up extra early today filled with such thankfulness for the generosity of my supporters, that I was able to run without even having my usual cup of coffee, and still make it to 7am mass on time J. My 4 miles this morning were offered for all of the prayer intentions I’ve received so far, and of course I continued to pray for our Cardinal Electors.

Some very inspiring messages were sent to me yesterday, and I thank God for the opportunity to pray for all of you! Other messages I received included some suggestions on how I might be able to spread the word about Litany Run even further, as well as some offers from people who’d like to help me do that. I am so humbled by the outpouring of support that has suddenly rushed in! I hope those whom I haven’t contacted personally yet can be patient with me... I do intend to contact you each individually!

This evening I celebrated our newly beloved Papa Francisco with some of my best friends... who also happen to be discerning religious life and the priesthood :). It was a wonderful time of discussing the day's hi-lights and toasting to the future of our Holy Mother Church. 

Tomorrow will be my weekly mid-length run at 7mi. Please pray that I don’t push too hard and aggravate the little blisters which haven’t completely healed yet. God willing, I will be able to take better care of my toes on this upcoming Sunday’s long run.

The Lord is so present and merciful!

I’m praying for you all to become saints!

AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment