Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 1 Recap

Glory and praise to Our Lord Jesus Christ!

You have seen for yourselves how I bore you up on eagle wings and brought you here to myself. Therefore, if you hearken to my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my special possession, dearer to me than all other people, though all the earth is mine. You shall be to me a kingdom of priests, a holy nation. - Exodus 19: 4-6a

Today is has been a week since I launched Litanyrun.com, and it has been a week filled with so many blessings! The goal-meter on my fundraising page shows that so far I'm up to $235 from four sponsors, thanks be to God. One week down at .44% of my goal. I've received several prayer requests from these sponsors and it is such a joy to pray for them during my training runs.


 
 
 
God's grace has been abundant this week. I have been humbled by the number of people who have reached out to me with prayers and support, as well as the number of those who have expressed interest in becoming sponsors. It has also been amazing to watch the progress of the National LIFE Runner's relay as it makes its now moves away from California and New York toward the finish line in South Dakota. What an honor to have run the first leg on the west coast - a run that I will cherish in my heart forever.
 
Mixed feelings still flowing strongly as we approach Feb. 28th and the end of Pope Benedict XVI's pontificate. Moments of joy and excitment fill my heart when I think of how the Lord is about to bless us with a new supreme pontiff. And yet when I see photos of the signs people are holding up in St. Peter's Square reading,
 
"GRAZIE"
"We'll miss you"
"TI VOGLIAMO BENE"
 
...and the like - well, I can't say that feelings of premptive nostalgie start to creep up. I will greatly miss our dear Papa, for it has been during his pontificate and through his efforts to further the New Evangelization, that the Lord has revealed my vocation and drawn so many young people deeper into the richness of our beautiful catholic traditions. But such is life. Popes come and go and we can be confident that the Lord is with us, even until the end of time. How exciting to consider that our dear Holy Father will be spending the rest of his life is contemplation and prayer for the salvation of our souls!
 
 
 
 
 
We've been hearing and reading much about prayer, fasting and almsgiving at the beginning of this penitential season of Lent. God could not have blessed me with a better season to start my fundraising efforts, and I've decided to offer up my Lenten sacrifices specifially for the intentions of all those who are able to support me through prayer and sponsorship, as well as for all those who are affected by abortion across our great nation. I was inspired by the scripture reading from Monday's Morning Prayer (quoted at the top), by keeping an eye on the Facebook encouragement and support for LIFE Runners coming from all over country, and by the general air of even more intensified unity that has come about over the last 7-8 days. As of Monday, Feb. 25th, I would like to launch a month-long challenge to get at least one sponsor from every state in America. This will run until March 25th, which is my birthday and the beginning of Holy Week.
 
It would be such an blessing to have a sponsor from each state by the time Holy Week is here! Please consider contributing some of your Lenten almsgiving to LitanyRun.
 
 
May the peace of Christ be with you, the Lord bless you abundantly, and the Holy Spirit guide you to become a saint.
 
 
AMDG
Totus Tuus

 

No comments:

Post a Comment