Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Just do the Consecration already, jeepers.



So okay, I’m not saying that you should start believing in miracles or anything but… yeah you should probably start believing in miracles. I’m am just saying.

… Not because, on this first day of our Novena through Sts. Jude & Rita (Patron saints of lost causes & desperate situations), I received a total of $3,100.00 in gifts toward my student loans. How can I ever express my gratitude for such generosity? No, my friends, it's not this inexpressibly amazing financial help which makes me marvel at God's Divine Mercy. The real miracle is you. The fact that you are even here reading this post. The fact that the Lord has called you – in one way or another – to be a part of my journey to religious life, that I may reach my goal and joyfully give my heart, soul, body and spirit to God for the building up of His Kingdom. I am so completely undeserving of the blessings He bestows upon me in bring holy people into my life, to walk with me on the path toward sainthood - however long or short our journey at each others’ sides may be. I didn’t need any more convincing, and yet I am continually amazed at the way Our Lady reveals the great power of her intercession our lives.

For almost exactly a year now God has periodically presented me with new young friends of my generation, whose obvious and enviable desire for holiness is contagious.  Without fail these people have each, in turn, revealed themselves to be devoted to our Blessed Mother in incredible ways – and inevitably each has eventually busted out with his/her Little Chains signifying consecration to Jesus through Mary. Even now as I prepare to leave my hometown behind, these soldiers and warriors for Christ keep entering my life, and our meetings are surely no coincidence - for the Lord makes clear His purposes in due time, especially when time is limited. 

Our Lady is building her Army, and it’s happening fast. Its no secret that we are fighting a daily battle of spirit - both on a broad scale as Christ's Church which maintains absolute Truth in a culture of relativity, and within our own hearts as we face full frontal attacks of evil on individual levels each and every day. Rise up young Church! Get educated on what it means to consecrate yourself to Jesus through Mary, DO IT, and then tell others about it. It’s that simple. If your life doesn’t change for the better times ten (at least) well then you can curse me for having suggested such a waste of time. But at this point I would give my life if it meant that a single soul would recognize the necessity of this act and submit themselves to all the graces that come with it! Yes, I would. In fact hey - if you decide to do this consecration email me your mailing address... I would be humbled to make and send a rosary to anyone who does it.  

I have written about St. Louis de Montfort’s 34-DayConsecration before and now, as I finish up the last of the 12 Preliminary Days of casting off the spirit of the world and prepare to renew my consecration once more before I enter, I think it is only fitting that I urge you – with the greatest anticipation of your becoming saints, my brother and sisters – to consecrate yourselves to Jesus through Mary. The next start date is August 6th – in order to spend 33 days in preparation for consecration on September 8th – the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I highly encourage you read St. Louis de Montfort’s True Devotion right NOW and discern making this consecration. And as a little help, I will be posting here the meditations from this point on through the end of my consecration renewal on Aug. 15th. I encourage you to read them and spend a minute or two meditating on them each day, and how the Lord is calling you to renounce your self will for His glory. Here was today’s meditation:

Imitation of Christ: Book 1, Chapter 25
On the Fervent Amendment of our Whole Life

When a certain anxious person, who often times wavered between hope and fear, once overcome with sadness, threw himself upon the ground in prayer, before one of the altars in the Church and thinking these things in his mind, said "Oh, if I only knew how to persevere," that very instant he heard within him, this heavenly answer: "And if thou didst know this, what would thou do? Do now what you would do, and thou shall be perfectly secure." And immediately being consoled, and comforted, he committed himself to the Divine Will, and his anxious thoughts ceased. He no longer wished for curious things; searching to find out what would happen to him, but studied rather to learn what was the acceptable and perfect will of God for the beginning and the perfection of every good work.
"Hope in the Lord," said the Prophet, "And do all good, and inhabit the land, and thou shall be fed of the riches thereof." There is one thing that keeps many back from spiritual progress, and from fervor in amendment namely: the labor that is necessary for the struggle. And assuredly they especially advance beyond others in virtues, who strive the most manfully to overcome the very things which are the hardest and most contrary to them. For there a man does profit more and merit more abundant grace, when he does most to overcome himself and mortify his spirit. All have not, indeed, equal difficulties to overcome and mortify, but a diligent and zealous person will make a greater progress though he have more passions than another, who is well regulated but less fervent in the pursuit of virtues.


*** 

Also, just to give credit where credit is way overdue – Tonight I stayed out later than I have in I-don’t-know how long. I returned home to find my mom’s car was not in its usual parking space in the driveway. I wondered where the heck it was for a second, because I spoke with her only a few minutes before and knew that she was inside the house. Then I remembered, “Oh! It’s in the garage!” … parked in a space made vacant by the selling of the beautiful 1967 Stingray Corvette my that has been a part of our family since 1989. I was a bit shocked and totally proud to find that my dad had sold it while I was at the Priory this weekend – to help pay for my medical expenses & health insurance during my postulancy and novitiate. The community takes responsibility for health insurance after a sister has made first profession. This was such a selfless thing for my parents to do and I am so proud of them for giving up a thing of this world that gave them such joy – opting instead to help me give my life for the glory of God and the salvation of souls. The garage will never look the same without that royal blue beauty nestled in the sweetly on the left side. I just needed to take a minute to point out how ridiculously amazing my parents are, how they have helped me more than anyone will ever know, and the fact that I don’t give them nearly enough mention on this here webosphere – or anywhere else for that matter.


Become a saint. What else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment