Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

3 DAYS LEFT of Donation Matching

3 DAYS LEFT, my friends! Until 11:59pm on Wednesday the 31st, all of the sponsorship money that comes in for my race is being matched (doubled) by an anonymous sponsor! I've just updated my online fundraising site www.gofundme.com/litanyrun to reflect the current number which has been raised during this donation matching period - which is $5,310 as of this morning. Praise the Lord! This means that since July 16th I have raised a total of $10,620!!! By your generosity and the grace of God I am now well over 57% to my goal while up until just this week I had been stuck below 50% for a long time! I am SO excited about what the Lord is doing.

Today I'm posting the reflection from St. Louis de Montfort's 34-Day Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary at the beginning of the day, so that you may have the whole day to meditate on these beautiful words, and hopefully join me in thanking God for the countless blessings He bestows on us. We don't even notice most of them as they come! Please God let my eyes and heart be opened wide to see You in everything and everyone.

God bless you all. Please keep praying for me, and become saints!




Total Consecration to Jesus Through Mary - Week 1 Day 5

Imitation of Christ: Book 1, Chapter 24
Of Judgment, and the Punishment of Sinners

In all things look to the end; and how thou wilt stand before that strict Judge (Heb. 10:31) to whom nothing is hid, who is not appeased with gifts, nor admitteth excuses, but will judge according to right. O wretched and foolish sinner, who sometimes art in terror at the countenance of an angry man, what answer wilt thou make to God who knoweth all thy wickedness (Job 9:2)! Why dost thou not provide for thyself (Luke 16:9) against the day of judgement, when no man can be excused of defended by another, but every one shall be a sufficient burden for himself!

Luke 16:1—8
The Crafty Steward

And he said also to his disciples: There was a certain rich man who had a steward: and the same was accused unto him, that he had wasted his goods. And he called him, and said to him: How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship: for now thou canst be steward no longer. And the steward said within himself: What shall I do, because my lord taketh away from me the stewardship? To dig I am not able; to beg I am ashamed. I know what I will do, that when I shall be removed from the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses. Therefore calling together every one of his lord's debtors, he said to the first: How much dost thou owe my lord? But he said: An hundred barrels of oil. And he said to him: Take thy bill and sit down quickly, and write fifty. Then he said to another: And how much dost thou owe? Who said: An hundred quarters of wheat. He said to him: Take thy bill, and write eighty. And the lord commended the unjust steward, forasmuch as he had done wisely: for the children of this world are wiser in their generation than the children of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment